Parents' Association of Danube International School (PADIS)
The Interface Between School and Family
Parental involvement is an enormous resource for any school. PADIS - the Parents Association of Danube International School - is a particularly active parent's association.
Organized in 1993, PADIS' mission is to support a quality education programme and enhance the community spirit of the school.
PADIS is committed to international education as it provides our children with a high educational standard, opportunities for personal development and an international point of view.
We seek to accomplish this mission by offering:
- A Voice for Parents: We act as a channel through which parents may express their opinions and voice their ideas, wishes and concerns related to the education, growth and development of our children. We facilitate communication among parents and within the broader school community.
- An Information Platform for Parents: We provide information on the structure and organisation of DISV and the international curriculum for old and new families of DISV. This is especially important for parents of newly enrolled students as DISV has a completely different structure from Austrian and other public or private national schools. We do this by organising 'Parents meet PADIS' meetings on a regular basis, informal meetings for new parents (held twice a year), and specific meetings to relay items of particular interest to parents (e.g, the Middle Years Programme, IB).
- Help and Support for Parents: We try to encourage all parents to get involved in the social activities surrounding school life, in extra-curricular activities and, generally, in anything that concerns the welfare of our students.
- Financial and Community Support for the School: Encouraging and providing a sense of community through school-based activities and supporting encouraged school projects with funds raised, e.g, bake-sales, bazaars, carnival parties and summer parties. We also contribute to a wide variety of school activities, e.g., DISV Ski Team, international maths competitions, Model United Nations (MUN), our library, traditional festivals etc. All parents and guardians of students are encouraged to be active in the organization.
- Website: PADIS has its own website which can be found here: http://padis.at
Everyone is extremely welcome to join in and work for the good of the school!